If a friend has forwarded this email to you, you can subscribe to email updates about Coronavirus for people who live and work in the Bradford district.
Bin collections during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak
Our recycling and refuse collection staff are working as normal so there will be no disruption to bin collections nor Household Waste Recycling Centres until further notice.
Refuse collection is a high priority Council service and we will do everything possible to keep it going whatever the circumstances.
We would ask residents to help us keep the service running and protect your bin collectors by taking certain precautions when disposing of your rubbish.
Wherever possible please make sure that all domestic green bin waste is disposed of in sealed bags and that your bin lid is firmly closed. Recycling and garden waste can be placed in your usual bins.
For people suffering with symptoms associated with coronavirus (COVID-19) or self-isolating at home there are Public Health England guidelines regarding the disposal of waste.
This includes sealing personal waste such as tissues and disposable cleaning cloths in smaller plastic bags and storing them for 72 hours before putting them in a black bag which goes in the green bin.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
The advice from the NHS is to protect yourselves and reduce any risks by practicing good hand hygiene. Specifically:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water often for 20 seconds
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands are not clean
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online. Use the NHS 111 online service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Use the 111 online coronavirus service at 111.nhs.uk/covid-19/